1) Pick one of the photojournalists below. Do not do a photographer that someone else in the class is doing.
2) Find at least 5 images by that photojournalist and put it into your powerpoint presentation. Make sure images are appropriate to show in class.
3) Research the photojournalists and include what you find in your presentation. Some of the questions that you will answer are:
• basic info (birth date and location, etc.)
• how did the photographer start taking photographs (schooling, etc.)
• what is their style (light, dark, odd, crisp, blurry, etc.)
• where have they traveled as a photojournalist?
• what political/economic/historical factors influenced the work? are there specific wars they have covered or other events?
• what makes them important or unique in the history of photojournalism
4) Make sure to include your own opinions about the photojournalists work in a slide. Do you like it? What do you like about it? What does this photographer do that you would like to do in your own work?
5) BULLETED LIST EVALUATION OF ONE IMAGE
• Talk about principles and elements of design: line, shape, space, value, balance, etc.
• Talk about the quality of light in the image.
• Does the photo have a center of interest? What is it and why does it capture your interest?
• Describe the mood of the work. Why does it have that mood?
• What do you like best about the image?
Choose from the following photojournalists:
What I will be looking for:
• presentation contains all the required items/information
• powerpoint is neat with clear text and large images
• evaluation is thoughtful and detailed
• information in the presentation is well organized
• spelling and grammar of text is accurate
• presentation shows understanding of concepts or topics being depicted in the images final result represents your full potential.
• The oral presentation must be well organized and rehearsed. You do NOT read off the screen, but rather paraphrase what is on it while looking at the audience. You speak loudly and clearly. You may add additional information.