weekly extra instructions
If you need to insert photos into your posts, make sure they are .jpg and not .psd
WEEKLY EXTRA OPTIONS:
- REFLECTION POST: write a reflection of your own work and include all four things below
- INSTRUCTIONS: Write a reflection REALLY describing your thought process behind taking the photos and why you shot what you shot. Be very descriptive.
- Also describe the difficulties and successes that you had while coming up with the idea and shooting it.
- The third thing you must write about is a self critique of how it looks and what it means. Pretend someone else took the photo and be as honest and possible in your critique.
- Finally write where you plan to go next with the project, or what project you plan to do next. Please describe it so someone who doesnt know you or have a conversation with you about your work will understand what you are doing.
- Create a Pinterest board with images that inspire you for your current shooting project and post the link to the board on the blog. You must spend a good amount of time really curating the best images into a useful group of images. YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS FOR ONE WEEK AS YOUR WEEKLY EXTRA TO TURN IN, tho you can always add to it during your own time or when you have finished everything in class.
TURNED IN YOUR PHOTOS AND DONE YOUR WEEKLY EXTRA AND STILL HAVE TIME?
- Help Photo 1 and 2 students with Photoshop
- Help another Photo 3 or IS student with their work
- Have a 1 on 1 critque with another Photo 3/IS classmate
- Work on writing an artist statement
- Make an art project out of your photos
- create an online artist portfolio here or here or here or here
- Work on creating a Blurb book
- Help Ms. Epp curate and display artwork
- Explore any of the websites listed in the weekly extra assignments above
WHAT TO NEVER DO:
- Homework for another class
- Computer games, non class websites, or Facebook/Youtube, etc
- Text or be on your phone in any way
- Waste time